- Why did Hostess Brands liquidate?
We deeply regret this decision but widespread strikes forced us to cease operations on November 16, 2012 because we could no longer produce or deliver products.
- What will happen to the brands?
All of our brands will be marketed for sale and sold. Buyers for many of the brands have already been identified, subject to higher and better bids for such brands at auction. For information on individual brands click http://hostessbrands.info/.
- Will the brands be purchased?
We expect there will be great interest in our brands and that all of our brands including Hostess®, Dolly Madison®, Drake's®, Wonder®, Nature's Pride®, Butternut®, Merita®, Home Pride®, Colombo®, Millbrook® and Beefsteak®, among numerous others will be sold. See Question #2.
- How long will you be supplying me products?
Production at all of our bakeries ceased effective November 16, 2012. You will no longer receive products from Hostess Brands.
- How quickly can I expect my products to be baked by someone else?
We anticipate there will be a lot of interest in our brands but do not have a specific timeframe for when the sales of brands will close, although we expect closings to begin in April 2013.
- How will the inventory remaining in stores be handled? Will you come pick it up?
All inventories on store shelves will not be picked up or disposed of by Hostess Brands.
- I have a display in my store. Will you come pick it up?
The Company will not be picking up any displays from stores.
- What will happen to the merchandising handling equipment at my store?
Any remaining racks, baskets or trays will not be picked up from stores.
- I have booked advertising support. Will I get paid for that?
Given the current situation, no payment will be made for advertisements.
- Will I still get my rebate under my CMA?
Given the current situation, no payment will be made for rebates.
- I am a scan based trading customer. Will you come and pick-up remaining inventory?
No. You should sell the inventory that is in the store and remit payment as usual.